Last updated: 7/30/2019
- Proctored Exam Schedule (last updated 7/30/2019)
- Take-Home Exam Schedule (last updated 7/30/2019)
- Instructions for Take-Home Exams (updated for Summer 2019)
Emergencies and/or Personal Problems
- If you have an emergency that prevents you from taking an examination, or a personal problem (illness before or during the exam, inability to return a take-home exam on time, etc.) you must contact Emily Kite, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at 608-890-0115 (office). Please leave a detailed message.
- On weekends/evenings, use e-mail: email@example.com.
- DO NOT CONTACT THE INSTRUCTOR. DO NOT try to solve the problem by writing a note on your exam. NEVER delay until you receive your grade.
EXAM SCHEDULE CONFLICT
- Fill out the form "Petition to Reschedule an Exam."
- For Spring 2019, the due date for the form is Monday, April 1st, 2019 by 4:00 PM. Copies are on the outside door of Rm. 5110A or you can fill it out on the Law School website at: http://law.wisc.edu/current/forms.htm
- Please submit the completed form to Assistant Dean Emily Kite for approval by leaving the form in her mailbox on the 5th floor. Dean Kite will review your petition, contact you if she has any questions, and return a decision as soon as possible.
- If approved, Dean Kite will email you as to the date, time and place for your rescheduled exam.
The Pass/Fail Option for Summer 2019 (for all pass/fail option courses) is as follows:
- Professional Responsibilities (McDermott, M) due Friday, August 2nd by 11:59 PM
- Evidence (Peterson, K) due Monday, August 5th by 11:59 pm.
More About Pass/Fail
You may choose a Law course as your pass/fail option choice only two times during your entire law school career. Visiting Law students are not allowed the pass/fail option choice. To be eligible to use the Pass/Fail Option choice, you must have earned 25 or more Law School credits prior to this semester, and have used less than two Pass/Fail Options during your Law School career.
To choose the Pass/Fail Option for one (or two) of your Summer 2019 courses, go to the following Law School website. The link is https://secure.law.wisc.edu/grades/pf/ After you log-in using your Net ID and Password, the site will show only your current courses for Summer 2019 that are eligible for the Pass/Fail Option. Follow all directions and, for full information on the operation of the Pass/Fail Option, be sure to click on the links for the UW Law Student Handbook, section 9.3 and Law School Rules 2.03 (Pass/Fail Option). Remember, you may choose a Law course as your pass/fail option choice only two times during your entire law school career. (1L courses are not eligible.)
Important: Taking advantage of the Pass/Fail Option may affect your eligibility for Dean's List and for Order of the Coif. See the Student Handbook 9.7.2 and 9.7.4 along with Law School Rule 8.05 Dean’s List and Law School Rule Appendix D for Order of the Coif.
Note: Mandatory pass/fail courses (shown as PF only on our course schedule) are only graded S or U (satisfactory or unsatisfactory). These mandatory pass/fail courses do not count as part of the pass/fail option courses. This is explained in more detail in the Student Handbook section 9.3. and Law School Rules 2.03 (see links above)
(Law, LLM-LI's, Visiting Law & Law Exchange students)
Make sure you have your correct exam number. Either:
- Go to http://law.wisc.edu/help/my.php
- Enter your user name and password.
- Go to the Main Office, Rm. 5110, Monday-Friday, 7:45 am to 4:30 pm (you'll need your Student ID card).
- If no one is in the Main Office, see Amy Arntsen, Rm 5107, or Dean Kite, Rm 5101.
Only Non-Law students from another Dept. taking a Law course should use their 10 digit student ID# as their exam number.
Summer Final Grades will be avalable by mid-September.