Last updated: 04/23/2020
IMPORTANT MESSAGE CONCERNING SPRING 2020 EXAMS
In accordance with the Chancellor's March 17, 2020 email, all proctored exams scheduled during the final exam period (April 25 - May 8) will instead be offered as take-home exams for the Spring 2020 semester.
New for Spring 2020 take-home exams!
Some take-home exams must be taken using the Exam4 software this semester. Even if you have taken a take-home exam before, please read the take-home exam instructions carefully, as the instructions are different this semester.
The exam period for the Spring 2020 semester is Saturday, April 25 through Friday, May 8.
Exam Schedule Conflict
- Fill out the form "Petition to Reschedule an Exam." You can downoad the form from the Law School website at: http://law.wisc.edu/current/forms.htm
- For Spring 2020, the due date for the form is Friday, April 3, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
- Submit your form for approval to Emily Kite, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dean Kite will review your petition, notify you of any follow up inquiries, and return a decision as soon as possible.
- If approved, Dean Kite will email you the date, time and place for your rescheduled exam(s).
Emergencies and/or Personal Problems
- If you have an emergency that prevents you from taking an examination, or a personal problem (illness before or during the exam, inability to return a take-home exam on time, etc.) you must contact Emily Kite, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at 608-405-2033 (cell). Please leave a detailed message.
- On weekends/evenings, use e-mail: email@example.com.
- DO NOT CONTACT THE INSTRUCTOR. DO NOT try to solve the problem by writing a note on your exam. NEVER delay until you receive your grade.
Last updated: 04/01/2020
See alert above concerning Spring 2020 proctored exams!
The Law School is adopting a comprehensive pass/fail grading system for the Spring 2020 semester, except for Trusts & Estates I. As such, students will not be able to exercise the pass/fail elections described in the Student Handbook section 9.3 and Law School Rule 2.03 for the Spring 2020 semester.
The Law School will apply the Law School's regular pass/fail rules to Trusts & Estates I students who exercised the pass/fail option for this course in the Spring 2020 semester.
Exam ID Numbers
(Law, LLM-LI's, Visiting Law & Law Exchange students)
Make sure you have your correct exam ID number. Please follow these instructions to retreive your exam ID number:
- Go to https://law.wisc.edu/help/my.php
- Enter your user name and password.
Only Non-Law students from another department taking a Law course should use their 10 digit student ID# as their exam number.
Spring 2020 Final Grades are due June 5, 2020.
Starting in late May, an alphabetical list of the Spring 2020 courses for which grades have been submitted to the UW Registrar will be on the Law School's website:
Please note that grades from the previous semester will appear on this list until at least one course from this semester has reported grades. Courses will appear on this list only after the grades are submitted to the UW Registrar, and it may take several business days before students can access those grades on their Student Center.