The Office of Career and Professional Development (OCPD) provides counseling, materials, resources, and programs to help alumni in their searches for employment after graduation.
Keep in touch
Did you graduate within the last year? If so, please complete or update the Graduate Employment Survey, which collects data that are extremely important for the Law School's accreditation by the American Bar Association.
Update your address: UW-Madison's all-alumni directory is now online. You can update your information online and find a classmate while you're there, or send an email directly to the Assistant Dean of Alumni Relations, Jini Jasti, with your new information. Help UW Law School stay in touch with you!
Alumni Network Connect: UW Law Alumni Network Connect is a password-protected database that allows our students and recent graduates to search for alumni using various criteria, including location, setting, practice area and employer. The network then allows them to contact those alumni who fit their criteria. We hope you will share your information in this database and invite contact from UW Law students or alumni who would welcome your guidance, counsel and wisdom. If you are a recent grad and would like to access Alumni Network Connect, please email email@example.com.
General career resources for alumni
The Office of Career and Professional Development has access to a host of job databases and research tools to help alumni with their job search. Some common resources include:
- UW Law School's Job Bank - This job bank, commonly referred to as Symplicity, has all of the open positions listed with the Career Services Office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
- BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank - This job bank provides access to attorney postings by geographically diverse law schools throughout the country. Please email email@example.com to request the log-in information.
- Reciprocity - Reciprocity is a great tool for alumni searching for jobs outside of Wisconsin. A UW Law student or graduate may request reciprocity which may allow him or her to utilize the career services resources of another law school. For more information and to request reciprocity, please see our reciprocity page.
- Job Listings & Job Research - This OCPD page offers a broad list of job search and job research tools, many of which are appropriate for alumni.
- Veterans' Legal Career Fair Information
If you would like to see a sample resume, including how to incorporate your bar admission, check out our sample resume page.
Check the following web-links for other resources to help you in your job search: